Re: Setting the scene

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_GXgkCaHWj0_LzAJpmX0o-a2N3jqJXEH5C_iPqfvf7UzJvf7F5otw44j3lOaLC0eu1svL>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 12:42:15 -0800

Peter:

> Doing a little bit of reading in the Reference Section, I see
> that honey could have quite an impact on the economy and
> mytho-economy of the clan.

[Snip lots of great material.]

It also means the stead will be 'naturally' fairly isolated and well defended (again, that bear wyter). Anglo-Saxon law codes are full of stuff about stealing hives, the penalties being highly dependent on what time of year the theft took place. (I mentioned some of this in the Orlanthi law codes, but I don't think the honey laws were published).

It probably means that the stead is probably relatively rich, and part of the cash economy, with the rare and wondrous honey being traded far and wide. A perfect cover for frequent visitors... all of whom are of course, traders.

All of which sounds good for an Orlanthi hero band.

It also probably means the Lunars are watching, alas...

John

nysalor_at_I8aqDIqxHKw2VREgrhrqZ_oUyxFC3SzoDMv1Dkb9t_4jeMOrSNyRN08rLs4DiGVdZwWcbovs75ZEcOY_Xr4ZJA.yahoo.invalid                              John Hughes
Questlines: http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/

I foresee that man will resign himself each day to new abominations, and soon that only bandits and soldiers will be left.