Cheese was Re: Setting the scene

From: ian_hammond_cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_bEsTwcwXZmDiFnSOXqz3EL8HuB-QtYhb4GeK1FXX6L-PyW-WcLuTaJ7ZT>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 14:23:13 -0000

When I looked into this (are we all cheese obsessed), I found this site to be the best:

http://www.ebs.hw.ac.uk/SDA/cheese1.html

and navigate back up for more info

I'll add something to the bookmarks.

Ian Cooper
"Women as well as men were recruited to restrain combatants, sometimes dampening their weapons by throwing clothing over them. Peacemaking of this sort required strength and courage more than negotiating skills...The clothing was more sign than substance, like the bell signalling the end of a round, and it seems that the sign was not without significant cultual force." - Bloodtaking and Peacemaking by William Ian Miller