Re: resources

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_YYMp-xuVS7-R_e8eWU7ACxzZCz-jGoBn3BQWaUklajNDnaMzesH4ecLa3gVGU7weauUq>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:12:24 -0600

At 3:22 PM -0500 2/22/02, KYER, JEFFREY wrote:
>I think that every stead (or two) would have one useful or unique
>resource, be it the best Caller of the Cats, Ploughman, healer woman or
>whatever. Certainly every stead would have a god-talker or two of some
>sort. There's a fair number of adults there.

        What's the best Caller of the Cats? The woman who can get one to sit up and blink? Geeze....

        I don't know about the god-talkers. I imagine they are people with a formal relationship to the god -- they know all the rites and rituals and can double up for other gods easily because they know the broad myths and a lot of general Storm Tribe lore. Most people, in most situations, I think, get by by finding the person who is "closest" to that god. "Uncle Frekor spends half the time running naked in the rain. Sure, he's devoted to Hedkoranth, but maybe he can ask Orlanth for a warm soaking rain...." How big is our stead, anyway? If there are even 40 adults, how many god-talkers can there possibly be? Understanding that most Heortlings wear more than one hat -- even the Chief's weaponthanes help put up the barn.

Peter Larsen