Re: resources

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_eMgSbkM0JzEmVMHcCwWKgwoChPev_LObF5OQxk26LdRmV7AT-MCb5PYfN8ByEg8pdCfI>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 13:06:35 -0800

Brilliant listing! Thanks for this Bryan.

I've done a longish essay on stead life and resources) (http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/florafauna.html)

that I'm sure I'll be expanding as a result of this project

I had a brief list of resources

http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/florafauna.html#wilderness

and, in addition to your list some possibilities might be:

MADDER
Madder is a low creeping plant with small yellow/green flowers and dark berries. Its tuber roots are dried and ground into powder, then heated in copper to produce a dark red dye.
WELD
Weld is a wind-seeking plant that climbs relentlessly, and produces clusters of small yellow flowers. The whole plant is harvested, chopped and dried, then placed in boiling water to extract a yellow dye. WOAD
Woad is Heler's gift to the Thunder Brothers, the plant is a storm-friend that thrives in the uplands. The leaves of young plants are treated to produce a rich blue dye.

John