Re: God Talkers

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_t2rGXmFZr8FzOgnzMO2o-zryE2-x-7QGWJP6DMnaLjnj67_kH0c2jPS2n3fC9TpFG-N9>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 09:01:06 -0600

At 12:06 AM -0500 2/26/02, Michael Schwartz wrote:
>Ian Cooper wrote:
>
>>4.5% godi + 1.5% priests = 6% religious officers.
>>A 40 person stead this would give us 2.4 godi...
>
>That seems a little high. I think the 1.5% figure applies to religious
>functionaries of all types. From p. 18 of THUNDER REBELS, a stead with 70
>adults and the same number of children has two godi. Thus, the 1.5%
>figure is correct.

        Yes, but godi and priests are not the only "religious functionaries." Devotees, by virtue of their close connection to the god, serve religious functions as appropriate, and I have a hard time believing that only 1.5% of the population are devotees, godi, and priests (godi and priests, of course are usually devotees, but it's not necessary) -- heck, a good sized group of player characters could account for the bulk of devotees in a clan....

Peter Larsen