Re: Re: God Talkers

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_9Jchrq7MGDRBv_ZWMZ3UAb9LpOj2yhQx0EquLINOKTqj6R16WH5Y6JeO9>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:55:03 +0000 (GMT)

Jeff Kyer wrote:

> I find I must disagree. I think that Greg's
asertation that 1 in 4 Heortlings pratice it is fine. Especially if you consder that a proper job such as carpenter/warrior/carl counts for the time requirement of the deity in question.<

I was not aware that a 1 in 4 figure had been mooted by Greg. Memory had TR making statements of the form that devotee status was possible normally for thanes and god-talkers, because the clan gave them support. I guess I need to reread something. I'll check tonight.

> I was under the impression that we are trying to
build something here that reflects the situation prestented by HW, Storm Tribe and Thunder Rebels, not build another set of home brew special cases.<

I agree. I was trying to reflect my reading of HW and TR, which may always be wrong, not add special cases or contradict it. Sorry if you got that impression.

Ian Cooper
0208-672-0717(H)
07970-411892 (M)
0207-337-6217 (W)

"They were seven in all, and therewithal both sides rushed into the fight. Thorarin slew a house-carle of Thorbiorn's, and Alfgeir another, and there fell also a housecarle of Thorarin's; but no weapons would bite on Odd Katlason. Now the goodwife Aud calls out on her women to part them, and they cast clothes over the weapons." The Story Of The Ere-Dwellers Chapter 18

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts http://uk.my.yahoo.com