Re: Fyrd size & emergencies

From: BEThexton <bethexton_at_MENy0KILfrgg2tGIe0ZTmPRyDcALwrIzyasxRMpjI4Vhby9NwQZFgCAjR1phqkpjNr>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 17:27:55 -0000

I wouldn't call anything much short of absolute survival to be that sort of an emergency. I'm sure you can't get 95% of the adults for any sort of "military service, no matter how dire the situation, because you can't take 95% of the adults away from the stead for more than a couple of days without children and livelyhood being at extreme risk, which would be just about as big a disaster as whatever you were trying to fight (notable exception here for "the only way the world survives is with I fought we won" type situations)

--Bryan

--Bryan