Re: Poll Results

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_Q_b8jVIXFrw3U5QfPyGVBQHcnO76a0tynpQzXOrRtY8HVdIWre1XDUunJCA__EsOvb>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 15:47:05 -0500

Trotsky wrote:

>I'd recommend resolving the near-ties in favour
>of the actual winner, even if it was only by one
>vote. It certainly simplifies things.

True, true. Still, I want an excuse to make the Aldryami our Ancient Allies. Uz is overdone, and we don't even cook dem! :)

>There seems no inherent reason why we can't hate
>[our neighbors] for both reasons...

Any excuse to hate someone, after all. Orlanthi as skinheads-cum-soccer-hooligans, anyone? I know Jeff Kyer will approve... "Oi, mush! Let's go kick some pommie Black Oak arse!" :)

>We could [resolve] them in favour of whichever
>grants the fewest bonuses/penalties on the
>grounds that we're trying to be as average as
>possible.

Twisted... I like the implied attitude. The answers have roughly the same degree of return, however, at least within a given question. There are no incorrect answers... each gives one of several equally valid end results.

>Guidelines are going to be helpful regardless
>of what options we pick.

The questions I planned to excise were those such as Ancient Enemies and Ancient Allies which do not impact the calculations, so it is not much of an issue. Duplicate questions which give a result more oriented toward the roleplaying end of things ("Know Aldryami Greeting" versus Ancient Allies: Elves, for example) can just be popped out without impacting the profile as a whole.

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_gAs_WbDVsCDeodp_KfM-Yz9zZDnMXSWrm12NfF5dCyYFrm7IkjIj2VWj-SM-S0o5XVdhPRI1Gp0CzeaNZd6hgZu0Yw.yahoo.invalid | and words, its slides and