Re: Re: Our Ernaldan Ring Member

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_6o-hqU0wEh0G38egqd3PG3VWd2ebNvwUSP2jsW-FjWmyDqea887jtlGaP-DDRylayF>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 18:11:12 -0500

Tim Ellis wrote:

>Don't forget that the Aspects are also tied in
>to the cultists progression through maturity...

Ah, but Goddess Cults as Growth (STORM TRIBE, pp. 17, 19) states that Ernalda the Queen is a "side path" in the progression from Allmother to Crone (i.e., Asrelia/Ty Kora Tek). Has Rana undergone menopause? If so, she would now worship Asrelia and Ty Kora Tek. Has she abandoned her family responsibilities to pursue political power? If so, why would she remain a devotee of Vela (who has social power, which can be more significant) when another subcult (like Kev the Visionary) would be more practical from a political standpoint? A Vela Allmother devotee would be a perfectly suitable candidate for our clan ring, especially if we keep our clan's values (Tradition foremost, Caution and Loyalty also) and goals (Justice and Peace foremost, Anti-Lunar as well) in mind. Rana's responsibilities to the community would remain the same, but without the ambition implicit in being an Ernalda the Queen devotee.

>She could easily be the "real power" in the
>clan...

This is not supported by the answers given in clan creation, nor even hinted at, and I would oppose suggestions to this effect. Ernalda did not recieve even a single mark as a result of our answers in clan creation. In retrospect, our Ernalda shrine should probably be dedicated solely to her Esrola the Earth Mother aspect with the Animal Mothers subcults more prominent than the Grain Goddesses subcults, since we have an Uralda mention in our clan creation. How does that sound to everyone?

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_K1QcSBxL5nxvEgXtOwtj2U4_gQhOw2VELuI_mgzSESyAyC-Kbbh4e59Dnsm7jDx2Td6z-KfmCGMU0G-aB2RNMQXlqg.yahoo.invalid | and words, its slides and