Our Clan Chieftain

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_3BJVGfh-4L4pkI-UHyB-9DoNuVDVFBKGhdl1I8m1VhuTUu1yrzHDY2afWGAbcpiYFnC4Bnbd>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 00:33:49 +0100

Michael says

>I would think that Torvath would be governed more by Multiple Initiation
>(THUNDER REBELS, pp. 67-8) rather than Changing Aspects and Subcults
>(ibid., pp.71-2).

In terms of it making a difference then he would have to be, since "changing aspects" would mean him loosing the farming affinity...

> He might even be Devoted to Durev or Orlanthcarl...
>with his Initiation to Dar adding a mere 10% to his time requirements
>for worship.

The problem is that that would give him 70% time commitment to cultic activities, which doesn't leave him much time to be chief! (cf discussions on the main lists). I think he was probably a Durev cultist before being acclaimed chief - if he was a dual initiate this would account for 40% of his time, (with the possibility that most of the additional 10% is time taken up by "chiefly duties" that he would still have to carry out were he not a Dar initiate

--
| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_E2bQHeCkxF4GomI4h4Qy18tyh1gq3MVFaZyp7OuglK0jTvja0SeYdSe-DLfye054ZpPWy4ZtNuc22tG6hTzF-lGa.yahoo.invalid                      |
| Facts! They demanded facts from him, as if facts could explain anything!|