Re: Re: Stead Population

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_aE1q1UpHa2sturKr7xLiHIC-Kpt_95WlIL0Jf8Ff3nRX8KVmw03-qfjMGsvdm8BwaIU0>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 20:05:17 -0600

Hi,

        Assuming we have 40 adults and a total population of 80, Nick Brook's age breakdowns give us:

Age	M/F
0	5/6
1-4	6/5
5-9	5/5
10-14	4/4
15-19	3/3
20-24	2/3
25-29	2/3
30-34	2/2
35-39	2/2
40-44	1/2
45-49	1/2
50-54	1/2
55-59	1/1
60-64	1/1
65-69	1/0
70-74	0/1
75+	0/1

	I weighted the numbers toward the women after initiation -- I
assume that Heortling men are more likely to die early than women. In a couple of cases, I had half people, who I assembled at the lower age. This may be Glorantha, but I'd rather not have half Heortlings running around....

        Now, there are something like 14-17 initiated men (assuming that anyone 20+ is initiated and those between 15-19 might be) and roughly 23 initiated women (assuming that menstruation occurs around age 15 -- I'm not sure of Heortling maturation patterns). 12-15 of the men should be initiated to Orlanth, 2-3 to other gods. 19-20 of the women should be initiated to Ernalda.

        Obviously, these numbers are fairly maliable. Any comments?

Peter Larsen