Re: Stead Population

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_jTUHUa_HrprporvCpo-jMziXY9nuDhHwrMLPMp6o0C7-Y59nChHlLKF4jOTN86nWCa>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 00:10:49 -0500

Peter Larsen wrote:

>Assuming we have 40 adults and a total population
>of 80, Nick Brook's age breakdowns give us:

While the life expectancy tables indicate the percentage of a population who will survive to a certain age, rather than the percentage which have

reached a given age, the numbers appear servicable. We would have to
resort to guesswork, otherwise. If we use the age categories of PENDRAGON
(with a few tweaks), Peter's table gives us:

  11 Newborns
  29 Children (1-14)
   6 Tweenagers (15-19)
  14 Young adults (20-34)
  15 Mature adults (35-54)
   7 Old adults (55+)

Looks good to me... let's run with it.

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_FlwXV-TzLs4laCeeOWU6fqBlXwPkDQB7RTkKGR37Kl51rEem7t8KuFx3W9xFVouiMx9vSR1xHgENXCrbkSCOVZcM.yahoo.invalid | and words, its slides and