Re: Re: Tweaking the Age Distribution

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_LhydmX-NW2lZ98C0slio8SVRxklKv7r0HZ9l17zmzqi8rDiOHhQjBAJTy5rFofSiaT>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 11:51:58 -0400

Given that girls are initiated before boys, as Nick points out, we could just tweak my table as follows:
                 Male  Female
  Youngsters:     15%    10%
  Initiands:       5%     5%

  Young adults: 10% 15%
  Mature adults: 10% 10%

This distorts the numbers for women of child-bearing age somewhat. Perhaps a change in adult categories to "Unmarried" and "Married" instead of Young and Mature is in order? I cannot see a quick fix as far as the percentages are concerned, except that the number of Married should be the same for both gender (else we have to manufacture a reason for all those extra Married women hanging about, sans husbands).

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_UveaGD0SjEUFQZxQSYIH2Snbxf-_wNuTuk0pLXUFwfPZgnkzT86QBQma2UG4qpLYDwHuPU7avZMqNlgGUNA.yahoo.invalid | and words, its slides and