Re: source of metals?

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_LHEINKcwCcnA3O27XDVq3WtrQubTUKXDAI9eZT--2twwRaw4v74MgxqfEeT5HWEr-r>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 08:13:14 -0800 (PST)

That works for me too

One possible tie in with Swenstead is that the stead borders on Mud Lake. I've a quick description of the lake up in the files section, under (I think) "Bryan's files." Basically the lake is the home of large spirit, who's body is the almost bottomless ooze covering the shallow lake's bottom and guarding its shores. I haven't listed its powers yet, but they probably include something like "swallow object" at a high level. It would not be impossible that the Ty Kora Tek god talkers would do ritual battle with the spirit each year, since _nobody_ is supposed to hide the earth's treasures from TKT! If they succeed they might manage to rake out various things, and if someone wants it that way, these could include bronze hunks (either washed down from the surrounding hills, or the remains of godlets that the lake swallowed).

--Bryan
PS. I agree about metal being fairly precious. It might not be so hard to find, but it a lot of work to extract it, and more work to purify it and work it (not just the smithing part, but making all the charcoal, etc). Any existing piece of metal is far easier to use than new metal.  Probably that is part of what the visiting apprentice does--fixes what he can, gathers what is too broken to be taken down-river and melted down for future use.

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - forms, calculators, tips, more http://taxes.yahoo.com/