Fwd: Hydra! Dragon pass counters - Gloranthaboard question

From: Goihl & Fahey <glorantha-board_at_rpglist.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 19:10:21 +0200

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C339BB.17DAF900 Content-Type: text/plain;

        charset="iso-8859-1"

>>That's alright. I wouldn't mind seeing the article that appeared in = The
>General, if that does indeed exist.>

>Actually, the three photocopied pages I have do not include
>an article as such, just a complete unit list, front & back stats,
>and an expanded sequence of play, plus a brief explanation
>of a couple of units (like the Twin Stars ONLY being
>available via random event 42).

I'm not sure where I got that from. Seems it's some photocopies which = someone else wrote some additions to. I can imagine it's Greg's = handwriting.
Just found another copy. I was thinking it's at the end of the article = "Dragon Pass, Mastery the Unique and the Strange", from a General = magazine, I guess. One copy has a question at the top which must be the = end of a list of questions from a previous page which I don't see = anywhere. Well, not sure now.
Digging further with larger shovel...
Let's see here... White Bear and Red Moon, little baggie, Walktapus, = Sisters of Mercy, Tarshites?, Trolls, Tusk Riders, ... another little = baggie... Dos gardenias para ti (music in the background...) ... Hungry = Jack, Hydra! (further music and celebratory cocktail). Hydra, 5 -N 4. Other than that the piece looks similar, altho blue, and = the sillouette is larger, and there's no water rune. Rules? WF, number = one, page 28. Rule is similar to DP rule. You have to sacrifice units = all in same turn, but you could sacrifice fewer than number rolled, = which fixes the factor at the number actually sacrificed. I'll just = quote the original rule: "In Physical Combat the Hydra automatically = devours N units of its choice from the enemy engaged, and then engages = in normal Physical Combat with the survivors. If it is attacked, the = Attacker may choose which units to sacrifice, presumably sending the = weaklings first. If a Hero is in the affected stack, NO units are = automatically devoured and the Hydra must engage in normal Physical = combat only.
A Magical Attack upon the Hydra automatically loses strength to this = negative ability. One Attacking MgF is lost for every -MgF which the = Hydra has. If the Hydra is not guarded by other units and it is not able = to cancel out the Attacker's total MgF with its own, then it is = automatically destroyed without a die roll."

Next question?

Daniel

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C339BB.17DAF900 Content-Type: text/html;

        charset="iso-8859-1"

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>&gt;&gt;That's alright. I wouldn't mind seeing the article that =
appeared in=20
The<BR>&gt;General, if that does indeed exist.&gt;<BR><BR>&gt;Actually, = the=20
three photocopied pages I have do not include</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;an article as such, just a complete unit list, front &amp; back =

stats,</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;and an expanded sequence of play, plus a brief =
explanation</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;of a couple of units (like the Twin Stars ONLY being</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;available via random event 42).</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm not sure where I got that from. =
Seems it's some=20
photocopies which someone else wrote some additions to. I can imagine = it's=20
Greg's handwriting.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Just found another copy. I was thinking =

it's&nbsp;at the end of&nbsp;the article "Dragon Pass, Mastery the = Unique and=20
the Strange", from a General magazine, I guess. One copy has a question = at the=20
top which must be the end of a list of questions from a previous page = which I=20
don't see anywhere. Well, not sure now.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Digging further with larger =
shovel...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Let's see here... White Bear and Red =
Moon, little=20
baggie, Walktapus, Sisters of Mercy, Tarshites?, Trolls, Tusk Riders, = ...=20
another little baggie... Dos gardenias para ti (music in the = background...) ...=20
Hungry Jack, <STRONG>Hydra!</STRONG> (further music and celebratory=20 cocktail).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hydra, 5 -N 4. Other than that the =
piece looks=20
similar, altho blue, and the sillouette is larger, and there's no water = rune.=20
Rules? WF, number one, page 28. Rule is similar to DP rule. You have to=20 sacrifice units all in same turn, but you could sacrifice fewer than = number=20
rolled, which fixes the factor at the number actually sacrificed. I'll = just=20
quote the original rule: "In Physical Combat the Hydra automatically = devours N=20
units of its choice from the enemy engaged, and then engages in normal = Physical=20
Combat with the survivors. If it is attacked, the Attacker may choose = which=20
units to sacrifice, presumably sending the weaklings first. If a Hero is = in the=20
affected stack, NO units are automatically devoured and the Hydra must = engage in=20
normal Physical combat only.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>A Magical Attack upon the Hydra =
automatically loses=20
strength to this negative ability. One Attacking MgF is lost for every = -MgF=20
which the Hydra has. If the Hydra is not guarded by other units and it = is not=20
able to cancel out the Attacker's total MgF with its own, then it is=20 automatically destroyed without a die roll."</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Next question?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Daniel</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C339BB.17DAF900--