Re: Rules comments

From: Peter Svensson <glorantha-board_at_rpglist.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 12:10:25 -0800 (PST)

--0-772443398-1078171825=:89384
  1. One core rules system. The current thought is to take the core rules and put them in a single booklet. This would include all the combat rules, magic, magical leaders, etc. Each game would probably include this identical booklet. .... If there are rules that are problematic, I'd like ideas. If there are new rules _that significantly add value to the game_, I'd entertain those as well. I do not plan to include each and every special rule. But, for example, rules for stampeding herds would be cool, as is the rule for disrupting the top unit of a stack if you don't do at least enough damage to eliminate it.

Would the rules be based on the old DP rules or the English rules that came with Dieux Nomades? I have some comments on the later rules covering multiple battles and which stacks can be attacked by ranged magic. Basically, I prefer the old DP versions of those rules. I can elaborate if Dieux Nomades is the seen as the basis for the new rules.

Among new rules, the one in Raider's Digest about retreating attacking units before melee (but after missile fire) stood out as being fun. I haven't tried it, but I imagine there could be a game balance issue if it's applied to the Impalas. I guess it would also boost the effectiveness of the Grazelanders, which they could use.

Do you Yahoo!?
Get better spam protection with Yahoo! Mail --0-772443398-1078171825=:89384

<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<P><BR>1. One core rules system. The current thought is to take the core rules<BR>and put them in a single booklet. This would include all the combat<BR>rules, magic, magical leaders, etc. Each game would probably include this<BR>identical booklet.<BR>....<BR>If there are rules that are problematic, I'd like ideas. If there are new<BR>rules _that significantly add value to the game_, I'd entertain those as<BR>well. I do not plan to include each and every special rule. But, for<BR>example, rules for stampeding herds would be cool, as is the rule for<BR>disrupting the top unit of a stack if you don't do at least enough damage<BR>to eliminate it.<BR></P></BLOCKQUOTE>
<P>Would the rules be based on the old DP rules or the English rules that came with Dieux Nomades? I have some comments on the later rules covering multiple battles and which stacks can be attacked by ranged magic. Basically, I prefer the old DP versions of those rules. I can elaborate if Dieux Nomades is the seen as the basis for the new rules.</P>
<P>Among new rules, the one in Raider's Digest about retreating attacking units before melee (but after missile fire) stood out as being fun. I haven't tried it, but I imagine there could be a game balance issue if it's applied to the Impalas. I guess it would also boost the effectiveness of the Grazelanders, which they could use.</P><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
Get better spam protection with <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mailtag_us/*http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools">Yahoo! Mail</a> --0-772443398-1078171825=:89384--