House Rules for Dragon Pass

From: CJ <cj>
Date: Wed Apr 25 00:21:57 2007

 I like them all, but am only just getting to play the full DP game for the first time in about 25 years. :) I'm playing my friend Biz at the full game (14 turns, not the marathon one!) and was rather disappointed to lose Argrath on turn one to a meteor storm from teh Crater Makers! he failed his heroic escape, so Prince Argrath is dead. the Lunar assassin also managed to kill my Stormwalkers - always first unit to be targeted - whereas Jar-eel survived my assasination attempt and my assasin was killed in teh getaway!

Cyberboard is what has made it possible for me to finally find opponenets, though in fact Biz and I knew each other as School in Bury St Edmunds in the eighties, though we know live far apart. We met again when he googled for folks interested in Dragon Pass and found my email address, and was surprised to find he knew me!

Anyway it is a fantastic board game, though I had forgotten how much luck plays a part. The first turn random event wa splague in Lunar cities, but the swine had left them nearly all empty for just such an eventuality.

I expect many if not most people on this list own the boardgame, or White Bear Red Moon, and I would encourage you to play it again: but do play through ALL the scenarios in order, as the modular learning system works well and a gae of this complexity demands it really.

I'm planning a review for rpg.net soon of the baordgame, as part of my ongoing promotion of all things gloranthan - its a shame we do not see more reviews on gloranthan products - and look forward to everyones comments. Still all the house rules of Steves look interesting, so I will tinker with them once I have managed to play the full game! :)

cj x