Roads!

From: Steve W <steve_gb>
Date: Thu May 10 17:49:56 2007

Steve wrote:
> I believe that the rules are very specific that underlined MFs ignore ALL
> terrain modifiers...

Are you thinking of the original NG rules (and perhaps others), where underlined MF meant a flyer? My AH DP rules say MF underlines (heroic movement) give a maximum cost of 1 to enter any hex, so they could still benefit from roads. Or has that been superceded?

> "Steve W" <steve_gb_at_boldhome.freeserve.co.uk> writes:
>> Although primary roads ignore terrain, secondary ones don't (DP 6.1.2)...
> Steve wrote: Yes, that sounds right...
Yes, that's the way I read the RAW, too. Trouble with that is, although there's no problem on the DP map, those of us who aspire to developing other maps would have a problem if we put secondary roads through, say, mountains. If terrain costs are in addition, it would mmean it was better to travel off-road! I'm afraid I'll have to flip-flop on this one...

TTFN, Steve W