Disrupted Spirits/Cyberboard Gamebox

From: buserian_at_juno.com <buserian>
Date: Tue May 22 17:22:55 2007

Hi Steve,

On Mon, 21 May 2007 23:50:29 +0100 "Steve W" <steve_gb_at_boldhome.freeserve.co.uk> writes:
> Steve M wrote:
> > At many times during the history of the DPD/Gloranthaboard, we have
> > discussed modifications to the Combat Results Table (CRT). One such
> > discussion was to add Disrupt and/or Retreat results to the CRT.
>
> Our house rule, now tested a few times, is that Disruption is the
outcome of
> being selected as a casualty in combats, including spirit and melee.
And no
> need to change the table.

That's fine for you, since you don't do the elimination effect. For those who use the elimination effect, the simplest rule change/addition that I recall was to allow a player to use any leftover CF total at the end of the combat to possibly disrupt one unit. For example, if I had 12 CF total after my roll and used 10 of it to eliminate three units, I would have to CF left. If any remaining unit in the battle had a CF of 3 or 4, I could use the remaining 2 CF (being equal to or greater than 1/2 the unit's CF) to Disrupt that unit. Can't eliminate it, but I can disrupt it. The controlling player, however, could choose instead to retreat that unit 1 hex, if possible, without it being disrupted.

There is no reason this couldn't apply to Spirit Magic as well.

Both methods are great, depending on how you want to play the game.

buserian