sacred time

From: (nil)
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 1994 16:24:00 EST

Hi all--

I was wondering today about Sacred Time. What is life like in a village during this 2 week time period (or 1 week for Pamaltela)? What goes on or doesn't go on?

Clearly villagers would be involved in recreating the various myths through their cults. In some areas there might be a different rite each day. In other areas there might be a long rite that extends over several days. But people (and their animals) still need to eat and sleep. Does this life go on as normal or is each meal ritually endowed?

And what of other activity? Do merchants still travel from village to village peddling their wares? Does the route they take have ritual significance if they do? How do people treat deaths and births in this period?

I've always had a tendency to skip over this period in my campaign--sort of a yearly catch-up period. Has anyone run any scenarios reflecting events in Sacred Time (beyond unusual heroquests like the Crown Test of Leika Ballista written up in, I believe, WF14)?

Harald