A Watery Light?

From: Alex Ferguson <alex_at_dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 94 23:10:52 GMT

Jonas Schiott wonders:
> Have you noticed that the path of the sun passes through a heck of a lot of
> ocean [in the map in Codex #2]?

Certainly have. In fact, I went to Yuthuppa, and while they were laughing at my draft article on the social structure of pre-Lunar Dara Happa, I paid (sorry "made a substantial donation to the coffers of") the Yelm priests to Divine an answer to this, and was thusly enlightened:

        "Gluglugluglubptahptahackack!"

> I thought Yelm had to pass through _hell_ every night?

Quite. I think that most sun-worshippers, presented with this map, and asked to indicate the path of the sun through the night, would a) burn you at the stake as a Gbaji-riddling God Learner heretic, b) ask you what on earth the funny bulge was, and c) indicate a path _outside_ the "Water Dome". From the "Yelm Realm" annotation, and the dotted path upwards to the East, I suspect this may be the where the God Learners plotted him too. The circle extending down from Yelm's marked position may just be there to confuse -- no, I mean, to show where the Bulges extend down from, or something.

Alex.