Pharoah's and their sisters

From: Steve Harmsworth <Steve_at_viridian.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 1994 06:45:32 GMT

On the subject of incest, Sandy wrote:
> It is unclear where this taboo comes from. It is basically
> universal among humans (even in cases where it is violated, like the
> Pharaohs, it is obviously being violated at least partly to symbolize
> the gulf between kings & peasantry).

If memory serves, the Pharoah's marriage to his sister legitimised his authority over the Two Lands (Egypt). The right to be Pharoah was passed through the female line. Presumably this was all to do with the Pharoah being Osiris and his sister Isis.

Any parallels for this is Glorantha (I don't recall seeing anything on the Gloranthan Pharoah's family relations)?