mail was down, seems to be working now

From: Loren Miller <loren_at_hops.wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 1994 21:22:57 -0500 (EST)

I made a terrible mistake this afternoon and mail was down from 4PM until now, 9PM. I think it's up now, but I'm not even sure of that. If you sent email to this list, your mail might have gotten delayed, but it should be delivered. If any of your mail disappeared entirely, wait a few days to resend it. As the mysterious flushing queues proved earlier today, during the weirdness that led me to wipe out my old mail installation without a working replacement for it ready, a lot of mail could be setting around on hard disks all over the place. And some of it might be yours.