God Learners in Peloria...

From: Peter Metcalfe, CAPE Canty <CHEN190_at_cantva.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 1994 21:02:50 +1300

Nick:

>> The fact that the Malign Earth Rune appears in both Orlanthi and
>> Pelorian cults doesn't mean that it _must_ be a GL artifact.

>In fact, anything that appears in Pelorian mythology, symbolism or cults is
>unlikely to be a God Learner artifact. 'Cos the God Learners never got to
>Peloria.

Ah, at least _one_ GL did <g>. The West has a pretty good idea of the general Pelorian Myth from the Dara Happan PoV and who is on the Gods Wall. AFAIK, they have totally screwed up what they know to fit it into the monomyth. What they have not done is play around with the Otherworld in Peloria to 'prove' their preconcieved ideas, (thank god!).

>Which is probably why the "real" Yelmic mythology we're only learning
>these days (GRAY, DHBE, etc.) is so unlike the monomythic stuff we had before.
>And why there are few mentions of moons in the monomyth.

The Blue Moon, Annilla does appear in the Monomyth. As for the Red Moon in God Time (ie Verithurusa), it seems that she was primarily a local diety as I don't think she figures in Western or Kralorelean astronomy. This probably means that either the Red Moon has subsumed the importance of another diety, or she is not seen all over the world...