Pamalt acolytes.

From: Alex Ferguson <alex_at_dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 94 18:08:19 GMT

Sandy:
> The Pamalt cult has five
> categories of membership: Initiate, Shaman, Acolyte, and Chieftain.

I'm clearly missing something, somewhere. ;-)

> I move that Shamans of Pamalt be allowed to sacrifice for
> Pamalt's special Rune spells only. And that they NOT be acolytes, but
> their own category of membership, which is considered equal in status
> to acolytehood. Howzat?

<lifts right index finger slowly in appropriate mime>

Works for me. While we're on the subject, what is the social role of acolytes, and does anyone have a more evocative title? Are they quasiautonomous  "priestly" types, or essentially magical cronies of the chief?

Alex.