Erik's subjective spirit combat

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 1994 11:23:02 +0800

        In comment on Eriks version of spirit combat, where spirit combat might actually appear as combat, bargaining, or dancing competitions as apropriate to the spell and culture and individual --- I generally disagree. But not completely.

        I definately believe that spirit combat is recognisable as combat, and people involved are well aware that they are fighting. However, as I mentioned, I prefer the Spell teaching from Vikings and Land of Ninja, which is explicitly mentioned as more like communication than like combat (and has some slight differences in mechanics to reflect this). Accordingly, some of Eriks examples might be appropriate for spell teaching, though not other circumstances.

        Cheers
                Dave