Dendara and a female Sun

From: a2230798_at_athena.rrz.Uni-Koeln.DE
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 1994 19:12:48 +0100 (MEZ)

This is Ralf Engels typing,

(again) about Teshnos:

> IMO as Teshnos derives it's core truths from Dayzatar, it appears that Yelm's
> Rightful Government in this area was overthrown unlike Dara Happa and Kralo-
> rela.

Might be. I see Teshnos still clinging to a more archaic form of sky worship centered on Dayzatar prior to his abdication of rule over the sky realm in favour of his younger brother Yelm and his removal beyond the sky dome (and thus beyond normal "mundane" reach). Somash in my picture is Yelm the obedient brother doing the chores his more philosophising brother disdains to attend to (quite a lot).
The divine order of the sky is, IMHO, an achievement or philosophy of Dayzatar.

> I just had the brilliant brainwave. In Japan the Sun Goddess is feminine.
> This would mean that Dendara was actually the Sun Cult of the Yellow Elves.
> (deletions)

Well ... (scratch, scratch).
Ok, the easy bit : you mean Somash when you write Solf (=Lodril), obviously. As for the rest, maybe your brilliant brainwave was caused by a flaring heatwave <g>?
Seriously: maybe the embyli think that the sun is a female entity, but I would feel great hesitation to see any connection between Dendara and this entity. Dendara is a daughter of (Empress) Earth, not an entity of the sky at all. Aldrya is also definitely a daughter of said Earth, not Dendaras daughter.
Tricky questions might be :
a) are the grain goddess of a certain area and the land goddess of said area

        one and the same being ?
I think Joerg moved some time ago that this question be answered "yes". b) who is/are the mother/s of the land goddesses ? Answers might be: Ernalda/in certain areas Dendara; Aldrya; depends on which land goddess you're talking about; somebody else completely. Maybe the affiliation of said land goddesses can change by adoption into another pantheon. Or nobody cares because the land goddess is the _most important_ personification of earth in a given area (Ralia?). Or else it's rather unimportant because nobody on this list cares about this questions anyway <g>.

As for the female sun of the embyli: maybe the gender of a godly entity really only depends on what the worshippers think or expect of IT. (????).

Enough for today. Peter M: Thanks for your interest in my queries and your much appreciated thoughts.

                                Ralf