Lions of Peloria...

From: Peter Metcalfe, CAPE Canty <CHEN190_at_cantva.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 1994 14:13:21 +1300

Harald:

>- - While I'm on the subject of locating creatures, where are the lions of
>Durbadath (sp?), the lion god of Dara Happa?

Durbaddath is actually from Zarkos and is Votank's father. (Votank is Ergesh, the God of Slaves - purely Pelorian). I really don't think Durbaddath is the son of Basmol. Basmol is in the wrong place at the time the Gods Wall was made. Durbaddath has a Lions head but this is a replacement for one he had already lost. The myth the Dara Happans tell about it is more of an eitological justification as to why the Dara Happans can enslave the Votanki so I won't dignify it by posting it here.

The lions seems to be on the other side of Peloria. The Carmanians had a Lion dynasty, as I recall from Nick's postings, so it looks like the Pelorian Lion was found in and around the forests of Western Peloria. Some populations would have found their way eastwards across the Oslir (albeit with human intervention).