Dead Lions

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 1994 17:26:10 +0800

>(hence the death of Basmal at the Hill of Gold myth

        This is the first I had heard of it! I thought the opponents at the Hill of Gold where (in order) Orlanth, Zorak Zoran, Inora, chaos parasites. Some variations for earlier versions (like GRAY), but I don't recall any of them mentioning Basm(a|o)l, or any other Lion God.

        The real problem is that this is about the fourth or fifth version of how Basmol was defeated I have heard! I have heard that he was beaten by chaos, by Waha, by Tada, etc. Who really killed him? (subjective nature of god plane withstanding - I'll happily settle for who the Basmoli think killed him, which I assume they agree on).

        There is an interesting vein of myth to be mined in the connection between Basmol and Durbudath, I think.

        Cheers
                Dave Cake

PS I have a Basmoli Berserker PC who has recently been inquiring about Acolyte status, so I have some practical need.