Who Killed Basmol

From: Nick Brooke <100270.337_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 29 Nov 94 10:03:33 EST

David Cake:

> The real problem is that this is about the fourth or fifth version of
> how Basmol was defeated I have heard! I have heard that he was beaten
> by chaos, by Waha, by Tada, etc. Who really killed him?

The Carmanian Lion Warriors said Humakt killed him, at the command of the Creator. But this, of course, means only that he Died, and that his death was Necessary. It's rather a Mithraic cult up there: the best and noblest Beast must die, but part of his essence is claimed by the slayer (the new initiate) and lives on in him.

> The Ki rules from Land of Ninja are very nifty, and Kralorela seems the
> best place to use them...

I thought at one time they could be used as generic RQ "Mastery" rules; anyone with 90%+ skill and access to the right tuition (usually through cults) could develop one. Because the LoN rules are, as you say, so good! Of course, going rules-lite tends to scupper things like this (which end up factored into more general Critical chances, etc.).

Tom:

> Now maybe the Social Engineer is more scary but it isn't really in
> genre, now is it?

Not for Sheng, I agree. I'm sure there are plenty of Lunar philosophers who would like to change the world this way...

Nick