Re: Who Killed Basmol

From: Greybeard aka Tom Zunder <Greybeard_at_nochet.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 1994 15:28:45 GMT

Basmol isn't dead, Basmola is lost. The SharpClaw pride of Prax shared with me the truth of their beliefs on my exile into the Wastes and with this race of proud and fierce females, I discover the truths of the lion-folk.

Once the lions roamed all of Genert's body, and worshipped Basmola, their mother. With Basmola frolicked Basmol, the feckless and irresponsible mate. Came the Chaos Wars and the Scorpion Bitch wounded Basmola and she bore a litter of two legged runts. To the amazement of the lions these runts lived and proved their full lionhood by healing their mother.

Came the Dawn and the farmers came and killed the lions. The Riders came to the Plains, and the Boar people rebelled. Many battles did Basmola fight and wounded the Rider, but with the Morokanth he tricked her and cut from her her sinews and threw her to the edge of the world. The Rider told all that Basmola is dead, but the time is coming when her children will find the Sinews of Basmola and she will return, a lioness on the veldt, a hunter in the sun.

Many river and sun people have said many things of the lions, but since few ever speak to the shamans and their prides, but just wandering and immature males, it is not surprising that they know so little.

Believe me, the Basmoli worship, and although their goddess is lost beyond the mountains, she will come again and join her mate who looks after her children yet.