Re: Mythologically Correct Thread...

From: Greybeard aka Tom Zunder <Greybeard_at_nochet.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 1994 15:57:22 GMT

In message <01HK21QWGE9UAFY671_at_csc.canterbury.ac.nz> "Peter Metcalfe, CAPE Canty" writes:

_at_ 2) The virtues of the Kralorelean goddess is held to be sufficiently suitable
_at_ for the farmers so it's worship is encouraged by the rural mandarins in both
_at_ male and female farmers (ie meek, industrious and wholely servile). In
_at_ Peloria, among the rural poulation, Dendara is worshipped mainly by the
_at_ females.

I thought and still think that Pelorian peasant women worship Pelora, as an analogue to Ernalda. Dendara is ok as a goody-goody Earth type, but Pelora seems more logical.

Pantheons being what they are I am sure Dendara would get a look in, but I bet Pelora is more important.

I saw Dendara as a noble woman's cult. The Solar hierarchy viewing Dendara as a noble ladies' goddess and Pelora as the down to Earth, heart of gold, but probably a bit dim, peasant.

Peasants might suspect that Dendara was a bit of a dipstick, trying to plant seed in GodTime etc..