Re: Myth, ect.

From: Kevin Rose <vladt_at_interaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 1994 09:55:52 -0600 (CST)

> What I did say is that mundane history does not change. A corollary
> is that the mundane world changes only in specific ways. Contrast this with
> John's description of an 'emic' campaign, where reality can change
> wholesale at any time, and various people allegations that when things like
> the Yelmalio/ Elmal unification happens the historical records must change
> too, all of which I consider to be rubbish.

        Ah, not quite what I thought. Maybe I'm missing something here, but if you somehow mysticly change history & memory to match the change in reality, how will anyone know? That the Gift Givers of the Sending Gods showed up instead of just making the secret vanish suggests that this doesn't happen. But if it does, it is sort of unprovable, as your evidence goes poof when the change occurs.

> David Cake

Kevin