orlantio

From: Harald Smith (617) 724-9843 <"Harald>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 1994 16:09:00 -0500 (EST)

Orlantio is the Imtherian name for Orlanth. However, it is not Orlanth as depicted in RoC or in Sartar. Orlantio is a trickster, first and foremost. Like the winds, he is unpredictable, disorderly, and often cruel. He is also a jealous figure who often tries to make people think he is capable of leadership, when in fact, he is not. Those who follow this deception are sure to become his victims. I have presented several myths during the last six months or so which show various aspects of his nature. These include his fight with Khelmal (the Imtherian equivalent of Yelmalio) at the Hill of Gold, his antics when Yelem confronted Oslir, and his conduct during the Lightbringer's Quest (if you haven't seen these and want to, let me know). Needless to say, Imtherians do not think much of bold adventurers who arrive in their lands who claim to worship a King of the Gods called Orlanth--these people are clearly dupes or tricksters.

Harald