Re: Humakti Philosophy

From: Kevin Rose <vladt_at_interaccess.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 1994 03:08:48 -0600 (CST)

The "Official Greg" view seems to be, from the couple of times I asked him this question over a couple of years, was that there is no overall philosophy or code of conduct. (But then again, I've heard that he didn't like Humakt, due in part to the number of min-max players who choose Humakt.)

The worship styles existing varied from the austere warrior-scholar to the bloody handed butcher who can't be told from Zorak Zoran without a scorecard. What I've inferred from various coments is that as long as the Sword THINKS he is worshiping Humakt correctly and has Faith, it's OK. (I'm sure their are limits, but it's like obscenity, hard to define but obvious when seen.)

The impression I have is that this is true for most of the Gods. They don't understand people, and as long as their contacts (priests and RL's) have faith (which they can detect) they will allow them to lead their congregation as they see fit.

This is not, at best, exactly a universally shared understanding by most of the participants here. As my impression was gained from probably 5 minutes of total time over 3-4 years, It's probably wrong. But it is fun.

Kevin