Basmol and Praxians in general

From: T.J.Minas <T.J.Minas_at_soton.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 1994 16:18:49 +0000 (GMT)

Greetings all once more
                        The recent discussion re basmoli has caused me to go and
delev in to my (Lhankor Mhy organised!) library, and produce the following results.

        The Basmoli Berserkers of Prax are about the only real Basmoli in Genertela that we know of. They are a small tribe (absolute maximum figure 10000 in the wastes, that is probabaly an overestimate by a factor of ?5 or so) of foot nomads, mostly hunters, worshipping in general, Basmol, their ancestors, Foundchild. A few Storm Bulls exist amongst them, but no Eirithe herdswomen or Waha khans. They are human, just like all the other hsunchen are when not under the effcets of their spells.

   As for the effect of the death of their god, well, there are no lions left in Prax, the tribe is small, poor, and picked on, relegated to the grottiest terrain in the Wastelands, and only survives by being excellent hunters, and on their willingness to hire out as mercenaries (a well known high survival existence!) to gain the requirenments of life. Compared to them, the Animal Nomads live the Good Life!

   As for Simon Hibbs comment re "this silly calender" referring to year 1 etc, and enquiring whose calender it is. The answer is taht it is pretty much everyones, except the Lunars (and even they acknowledge its validity), since it is based on a universal event, the Ascendence of The Sun on the start of its daily migration through Hell and the Sky etc. The Malkioni use this calender, and they are really into Theist constructs as we all know! <G>

   Campaigns: where do they run etc. I am currently running a Pavis based campaign, the characters are a group of poor Orlanthi. Originally, all were from outside Pavis (mostly from Sartar, or returning Pavis County people who had been in Sartar for a few years) but deaths have meant that a couple of them are now local Orlanthi. They don't seem to be the world's luckiest group so far! In general, they are trying to do over the Lunars, but they haven't come up with any great plans yet. (Perhaps because most of them are suggested by the INT 12 Storm Bull.....!)