Hendr[e]ik[e]i

From: Alex Ferguson <alex_at_dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 94 23:06:37 GMT

Darren Staples wonders:
> [D [D [C [C [C [C [C [C [C [C [C [C [C [C [C [C [C [A [C [C [C [C [C

And so do I, frankly. ;-)

> 2. In Glorantha Digest #12, it was said that Heortland
> consisted of four tribes. Does anyone know who these
> four tribes are ? I assume the Hendriki are, and possibly
> the Volsaxi, but any ideas on the others ?

It appears that the Volsaxi are one (sort of -- they seem to alternatively Opt In and Opt Out of the kingdom of Heortland), and the other three don't really exist/are all Hendriki. As I said at the time, Greg seems to be contradicting, or at least putting a different spin on, the information in G:G. I forget exactly what he said, but the jist of it seemed to be that social organisation was somewhat post-tribal/quasi-feudal, so there'd be no tribal kings (other than the intermittent Volsaxi one), and while clans are likely much larger than Sartarite ones, they may be of reduced social importance, and in urbanised regions, be led by some vassal of the Heortlander King (Eorls, I think Joerg suggested we call 'em).

Alex.