Mysticism in Kralorela

From: Alex Ferguson <alex_at_dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 94 23:23:54 GMT

David Cake:
> I also think that while
> mystic is a good description of the sort of magic wielded by the famous
> sages and philosophers of Kralorela, most of the peasantry stick with
> old-fashioned shamanism and divine worship, in a blatant display of wrong
> thinking

I think I disagree about shamanism, other than in the most outre' of areas, though I bet whatever sort of "sorcery" happens in the countryside bears little resememblance to the city-dwelling, official variety. The generic hick, I reckon, uses a rough'n'ready mix of "low" sorcery (of some sort or another), and theistic worship of entities doubtless regarded as abstractions by the mystics. Kralori divine cults are probably, for a variety of reasons, somewhat "rudimentary" by Central standards.

Alex.