RQ-Con 2 t-shirts

From: PMichaels_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 1994 23:03:20 -0500

Hi gang!

Much to my own bewilderment, surprise, and amazement, and despite my trying to 1) keep my wife from losing patience with me, 2) finish papers and begin to study for final exams this semester, 3) apply for a new job, and 4) get ready for the holidays, I find myself volunteering to maybe try to make a t-shirt or two for Eric and Shannon to sell at RQ-Con 2. These shirts will ultimately be sold by the convention committee, and NOT by me. Anyway, the reason I'm addressing you all is to share some of the ideas we have come up with, to ask if you have any ideas you want to share with us, and to ask your opinion as to which shirts you might be willing to spend your hard earned cash to wear.

I chose the company I'll be working due to the high quality of their 100% cotton shirts, and for the quality of their dye work.

The ideas we've had so far include:

A "Trickster's Night Out" shirt:
Shirt: gray crinkle dye
Front: left breast creast of an Illusion rune, with a circle of the words
"Trickster's Night Out" and "RuneQuest-Con 2" around it.
Back: scene of 10+ Trickster aspects gathered around a campfire (Firebringer setting the campfire down on the ground, Destroyer raging inside the campfire, Murderer killing Scapegoat, Truant in a stupor on the ground, Thief stealing Truant's boots, Comic Fool (in motley) prancing around (and about to step in a pile of s**t), Rogue laughing at Comic Fool, Imp about to give Rogue a hotfoot, Dismembered gambling with Cheat and Glutton (with Dismembered losing his body parts, one of which Glutton is about to eat), and Seducer slipping off into the woods with a dryad. Fright might be represented by a face in the woods ala Bev Dolittle. Note: I have not yet found an artist to do the scene.

A "Get Ahead" shirt:
Shirt: brown crinkle dye
Front: text across chest "GET AHEAD AT RUNEQUEST-CON" Back: picture of a dark troll holding a box leaking blood (ala the cartoon
"DARK TROLL GETS AHEAD" from the back cover of Wyrms Footnotes #8 by Rick
Becker)
Note: The folks at Chaosium are checking if we can use the original artwork.  There may well be a problem with this, and I may have to come up with a picture myself.

A "Rune" shirt:
Shirt: red crinkle dye
Front: text of left breast "RUNEQUEST-CON" Back: rows showing all the "official" God-Learner crinkly-cut runes

A "God-Learner" shirt:
Shirt: solid black
Front: scene of a Borg-type cube ship (except covered in "official" GL runes) in space
Back: text across back "WE ARE GODLEARNER. YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED.  RESISTANCE IS USELESS." A "Thunderbreath" shirt:
Shirt: dark blue crinkle dye
Front: text across chest "Eat at Thunderbreath's" Back: text across back "Thunderbreath Gobbleguts. Home of the Trollkin Burger" with a picture ala the menu

A "Arkat On Tour" shirt:
Shirt: solid white
Front: ?
Back: list of places
Note: Need suggestions for both multicolor picture for front of shirt, and the list of places

PLEASE let me know what you think! It would be most helpful to me if you let me know your top three picks from the ideas above, and/or for you to make suggestions about changes or alternate ideas for shirts. Feel free to email me directly about this. Thanks.

Peace,

     Peter

End of Glorantha Digest V1 #45