Tada, Basmol and Praxians

From: T.J.Minas <T.J.Minas_at_soton.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 1994 17:25:00 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all again

   Basmoli outside Prax: oops, forgot about those guys in Ralios. (Never been really into ralios, you see) And I rely on my memory for most of these references, as I use the University E-mail system, and don't have the luxury that some do of being able to lean across and pick up the books in question!

   Tada was an ancient Hero whose major claim to fame would be either his surviving remnants (club, mask, sandals etc the "Three Grisly Portions", if I recall) and his action of hiding Eiritha when Death came to kill her. Hence, he is dead, but Eiritha lives, buried (as it were) under Tada's High Tumulus, and reinforcing her role as an Earth deity to the Praxians. He is not worshipped, as he was a hero, not a god, but I would imagine there might be a Waha subcult  that uses him as a role model.

   As a side note on all this stuff, I am retyping and expanding a copy of the infamous PraxPak (authored mostly, one suspects, by a certain Mr S Petersen) and I hope to have an E-mail version available by Xmas. The current version has a few holes that I will endeavour to fill (eg nothing on Bison Riders!), I would envisage sending early "as-is" copies to a few knowledgeable souls, then getting corrections/additions/updates to make the general release version. If you are interested in this early version to contribute to it, e-mail me at: tjm1_at_soton.ac.uk

   That's it for now

                            Tim