Re: Imortality, ect

From: Kevin Rose <vladt_at_interaccess.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 1994 15:18:59 -0600 (CST)

> I do recall that I have seen somewhere that a method of
> becoming Immortal is to HQ to then very end of the Lightbringer's
> Quest and hitchhike along with Yelm as he returns to the Sky. But
> would this make you Immortal, or just alive again, but still
> vulnerable?
>
> I won't address the functional effects of Immortality,
> like what happens if you get ground to hamburger or dissolved
> in your basic archetypal Vat of Acid...

Once upon a time, when RQ3 was new, Greg Stafford & Company discussed the Hill of Gold Heroquest during a seminar on something else. At the end of it you become immortal. They further defined what they meant by immortal as (roughly) 'You not only live forever, you cannot be killed.' I think the actual wording was something about 'Immortal in the classic sense of the word.' I cannot remember the details, but my impression was that you cannot kill an immortal by such mundain methods as grinding them into hamburger or disolving in acid. Of course this may simply be a result of the minor problem that normal weapons and acids don't effect them. . . I don't know, as it has never been something I've really worried about.

This sounds like a question for Sandy Peterson. I'm pretty certain he was there and he should know the answer even he wasn't. Or use the MGF technique to select the correct answer.

Kevin