Kralorelean spiritualism...

From: Peter Metcalfe, CAPE Canty <CHEN190_at_cantva.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 10:47:52 +1300

Erik wrote:

> I still like the countryside people summoning spirits,
>though. Do they only do it through theistic worship, or do they use
>"sorcery" (summoning a certain being is something you train like any
>other craft), or some other type of magic?

It depends what sort of spirits they are summoning. I personally prefer they mainly appease the spirits of say the woods by leaving out offerings and such like. No need of shamans, a bowl of milk for the tiger spirit of the jungle would do just fine. Some modification of the Kami rules in LoN would work fine for learning spells (say spirit communication). If in exceptional circumstances, they need to summon a local spirit, I presume the chief villager has access to summoning rituals to call the spirit forth. These I would say are sorcery spells (using RQIII rules) but the Chief Villager would be horrified to learn that it was sorcery.

Liked the story.

End of Glorantha Digest V1 #53