Re: Glorantha Digest V1 #46

From: Richard Ohlson <hasni_at_hogbbs.scol.pa.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 1994 12:42:18 -0500

Questions questions questions

I asked this before the big overflow when this was the daily, and I am sure it got lost, so I'll ask again.

KoS says that the lunars are all really happy when Whitewall falls and the last great temple to Orlanth is captured. What does this really mean though, in game terms. I mean, Orlanth doesn't lose any of his divine magic, his priests don't lose their spell reusablility or anything, do they?

Oh yeah, somebody mentioned that The gods are nothing more than a combination of runes. This implies that each individual god has a unique rune structure. What are the runes for Yannafil Tarnils? I allways just thought he had Death and Truth...does he have something else like, Death, Truth, Disorder?

Or is there a secret, hidden Lunar rune that I don't know about? I mean, most of the Lunar Gods are just stolen Orlanthi gods, right? But I don't want to get into the debate of "Is Yannafar Tarnils REALLY Humakt..." 'Cause I don't believe THAT! But what is differnt?

One last thought. We have these myths and stories and such about the gods, but do we know that they really relate to an actual physical form of the god? Or was the Lightbringer quest done by humans taking on the forms of the gods, like people do when they Heroquest? Just something to thikn about...