Folktale origins & evil animals

From: Nils Weinander <niwe_at_ppvku.ericsson.se>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 94 09:23:30 +0100

Loren wrote:
> Actually this is something I'd like to
>know about all the folktales and myths that people write for
>Glorantha. I think it's important to state which folktales were
>literary inventions and which were adapted from earthly folktales

Some time ago I posted a Kralorelan story about how the tiger got its stripes. It is all new from the start to the end. No RW story behind to provide a 'resonance of truth' I'm afraid.

>And speaking of sources, Sven is right. Kirgj's metaphysics follow
>the metaphysics in Kult closely, including such insane paranoid
>touches as the idea that animals are demonic spies, and that dogs are
>our only allies among the animals.

And of course the fact that dogs seem to worship us humans and to be our friends is what should make us wary. In fact, dogs are evil spawn of the devil using faked friendliness to get close to us for the final assault [ignore two page mutt-hating rant].

/Nils W