mythic sources

From: Harald Smith (617) 724-9843 <"Harald>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 07:35:00 -0500 (EST)

While some of the myths have used kernels from RW myth (the plugging of the ears ala Odysseus in 'Jannisor and the Gargoyle King' or the meeting with the shades of the dead ala Odysseus or Aeneas in 'The Crippling of Lokarma') most have been based upon my conception of how the Imtherian gods should work and have not been built upon existing stories. Orlantio, frex, was inspired by the character Reynard the Fox, but none of my Orlantio stories (so far) have followed the Reynard story outlines. The most recent postings (the folktales 'The Reluctant Bride' and 'Daran and the Hearth') were derived entirely from an outline I developed on Imtherian marriage customs. I think the closest to a RW folktale was 'The Sleep of Nealda' which put the Sleeping Beauty idea in a Gloranthan/Imtherian guise.

I also want to say that I enjoyed the story of Just Slow.

Harald