Gods, Whitewall

From: Greybeard <Greybeard_at_nochet.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 1994 09:43:12 GMT

_at_ Richard Ohlson wondered
_at_ >KoS says that the lunars are all really happy when Whitewall falls and
_at_ >the last great temple to Orlanth is captured. What does this really mean
_at_ >though, in game terms. I mean, Orlanth doesn't lose any of his divine
_at_ >magic, his priests don't lose their spell reusablility or anything, do
_at_ >they?

In my game the battle over Whitewall saw a battle between a huge Sky Bull and the Crimson Bat. My players were in Prax but even there the sky turned red, lightning storms raged, it rained blood and strange chaotic and orlanthi artifacts fell from the sky.

When Whitewall fell the wind stopped. There was no wind at all for a whole season and Yelm burned brighter and hotter than ever. Even for my players, who were all Yelmalio, this was somewhat of a trial!

In the end though, the Compromise wasn't broken, the winds blew again and Yelm calmed down. I had no direct Orlanthi involvement in the game but I would have felt that all Orlanthi would have had serious problems casting magic, both spirit and divine, and various problems would have beset Orlanthi as it affected Orlanth also.

Gods:

Various people talk of gods feeding off their minions, and I think this is partially true. Also a god has a core essence of existence all of it's own and this is still fairly powerful. I think worshippers change a small yet powerful deity into a serious contender, but also remake and remould that deity into their image of him/her.