Re: Dart wars

From: Donald Walli <dwalli_at_mtu.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 17:01:37 -0500 (EST)

Loren wrote:
> Here are some questions about dart warriors to help me distinguish
> between dart warriors and the well-known DNDism which is most similar,
> the assassins' guild. I am not willing to accept an assassins' guild
> as reasonable in any game world, certainly not in glorantha.

What about the Black Fang Brotherhood? What about the (over-romanticized, but still historically real) RW Thuggee (sp? Tuggee?) and similar groups? I don't understand why groups of assassins seems so unreasonable to you.

Someone else talked about dart warriors as gladiators who moonlight as assassins as well. This seems more likely to me, given the points that others made about having dart warriors wandering about in public, obviously marked as such--kinda seems like letting broo wander around your own goat pens. Yes, their existence is acknowledged--but why would they be legitimized if they were only assassins, and clearly identifiable as such to boot?