Re: Glorantha Digest V1 #55

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idcube.idsoftware.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 94 14:56:32 -0600

Sven:
> I thought Sandy said Kralorelans did not know any "spirit magic",
>but I am still confused about that.

        "Spirit Magic" in a rules sense describes a quite specific form of spellcasting. The Kralori do not do this. However, they have plenty of contact with spirits and beings from the Other Side. But no shamans. However, there are wise men who communicate with the spirits in all sorts of useful ways.

DOGS IN GLORANTHA
        Where are dogs valued and valuable in Glorantha. We know that the Orlanthi use alynxes for many canine functions (but presumably not all -- I still find the idea of a sheep-herding alynx ridiculous).

        Presumably few Hsunchen use dogs. I would guess that dogs reach the peak of popularity in the West, as well as with non-Hsunchen primitives such as the Doraddi. I've always been certain that the Prax nomads keep dogs, and presumably the Pent ones do too. In my game, the Praxian hound is a long-eared, short-haired critter that is notoriously cowardly, noisy, and degenerate.

        The Kralori probably breed really weird types of dogs.

End of Glorantha Digest V1 #56