Re: Merry Christmas

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idcube.idsoftware.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 94 12:01:11 -0600

Colin W:

>Are there really any Gods who have not been (and will not be)
>acknowledged by anyone?

        Well, of course, nobody knows. But I bet there's unknown gods who are doing important, even essential. things that nobody knows about. Some of these gods have managed to make themselves ever-so-slightly known to the wider world, such as Nelat or the unnamed thing that tends the Well of Life.

        If acknowledgment = worship, then I guess Fazzur Wideread and the Wild Healer of the Rockwoods are worshiped, too, right?

>Without the cult of Orlanth how would He be distinguishable from the
>wind? Would he be called Orlanth? Who would call him Orlanth?

        There is no cult of Kolat. There is no cult of Daga. There is no cult of Kajabor. There is no cult of Vadrus. There is no cult of Arachne Solara. There is no cult of Zaramaka. There is no cult of Glorantha (the goddess, I mean -- I guess we're all initiates in the cult of Glorantha the world). There is no cult of Urrquong. All of these entities are easily distinguishable from what they do. All of them retain personal names.