Yelmalio in Balazar

From: ian (i.) gorlick <"ian>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 1994 11:58:00 -0500

Nick Eden is concerned that Balazar can not have intoduced the cult of Yelmalio into the nation that bears his name because the cult is of recent origin.

As I stated in my post a couple weeks back, I see no such problem. The cult of Yelmalio is an old cult, it has been continuously worshipped in Sun County for 800 years. What is recent is the revelation of Monrogh of Dragon Pass that Yelmalio is the true face of Elmal.

The cult faded out in most places except for a few backwaters like Sun County and Balazar.

Side note:
Personally I believe that the cult is probably undergoing a resurgence since Monrogh's visions. There are a lot of people in the Lunar Empire worrying about the coming end of the third age and looking for simpler truths than the slippery Lunar Way. I suspect that there are several small Yelmalio communities forming inside the Empire. This is a cult that offers the TRUTH and has a proven track record of surviving in times of trouble.